Top Blokes Foundation
Top Blokes Mentoring Program
The Top Blokes Mentoring Program strengthens the mental health and emotional resilience of teenage boys while improving their engagement and perception within the wider community.
Across 20 weeks, 14-17 year old males in high schools participate in weekly interactive workshops covering:
- Risk Taking and Peer Pressure
- Mental Health
- Respectful Relationships
- Online Behaviour and Consequences (including sexting, pornography and cyberbullying)
- Alcohol and Drugs
- Racism and Anger Management
Our request for funding will enable us to deliver 4 x programs over 12 months to 48 young males who reside in the Illawarra. Young males will be referred into the program through schools and local services e.g. case managers. Young males will fall under the median of the Index for Community Socio-Educational Advantage.
- Delivery of program to 4 groups of disadvantaged young men residing in the Illawarra
- 4 x 20-week programs across two high schools
- 80 workshops in total
- Approx. 48 participants to complete the program
- Employment of two youth workers for 2 hours per week for each program
- An outcome report including evaluations to be shared with funder, stakeholders and schools
2020 APPLICATIONS CLOSEDThe Tucker Foundation accepted grant applications from eligible organisations from Monday 22nd June to Friday 14th August 2020.
Applicants will be notified of their outcome in late 2020.
Our next funding round will be in mid-2021.