Community Support Pets Program
Our Community Support Program offers support for disadvantage pet owners in a variety of situations.
- Veterinary care – from basic vaccinations to being able to end a pet’s suffering.
- Emergency pet accommodation – to support women fleeing domestic violence situations or when a pet owner has unexpectedly been admitted into psychiatric care and has no family or friends to care for their pets at home.
- General affordable pet accommodation – for those that wish to entry Rehabilitation (drug/alcohol) Programs but would not be able to afford commercial pet boarding facilities. The elderly who want to go into respite for a period of time or who may have had a fall and are unexpectedly admitted into hospital.
- Pound reclaim fees. When your pet ends up in the Pound and you aren’t able to afford the fees to reclaim. Supporting this cost allows the pet to be reunited with their owner as quick as possible, often pays for the pet to be registered with Council (pets are not released unless registered) and ensures the pet is not taking up space at the Pound unnecessarily.
- Pet supplies. Often supplies are required to be provided when we do outreach care including food (depending on the pets could even be bird seed, rabbit or fish food), cat litter and if extended visits required, environmental enrichment including toys.
2022 GRANT APPLICATIONSThe Tucker Foundation has regular funding rounds.
The Tucker Foundation accepted applications for its 2022 funding round from Monday 20th June to Friday 19th August. The application period has now closed.
Organisations will be advised of the outcome of their application in late 2022.
Our next funding round will be announced on this website as soon as the dates are available.