Community Cat Project
Maggie’s Rescue relies entirely on community fundraising to cover our largest rescue costs – veterinary expenses. We are seeking clinical equipment and supplies for our rescue’s headquarters that will allow us to provide veterinary treatments essential to rehoming cats and kittens in our care. This will enable our animal care volunteers, under the supervision of our partnered veterinarian, Dr Sandra Hodgins, to vaccinate, microchip and decontaminate cats in our care, eliminating unnecessary costs that are additional to veterinary visits such as consultation fees and inflation on wholesale products. This project will enable us to lower our veterinary costs, overall allowing us to increase our capacity of rescuing abandoned and unwanted community cats. The project would allow us to:
1. Provide clinical equipment for veterinary treatment and services directly from our HQ
2. Provide supplies to rescue and treat 100 kittens and cats
3. Create a sustainable treatment process for ongoing rescue operations
4. Lower financial costs spent on visits to veterinary clinics, saving on additional fees and treatment costs
5. Use the costs saved from this project to increase our rescue capacity
6. Allow for a quicker rescue response to community requests, eliminating the restraint of clinic availability
7. Lower the risk to our foster care network through decontamination treatments on intakes for animals at high risk of disease or illness (an example being ringworm which can be transmitted from cats to humans)
8. Decrease the risk of community transmission during the COVID-19 pandemic via telehealth consults with partnered veterinarian, Dr Sandra Hodgins
2022 GRANT APPLICATIONSThe Tucker Foundation has regular funding rounds.
The Tucker Foundation accepted applications for its 2022 funding round from Monday 20th June to Friday 19th August. The application period has now closed.
Organisations will be advised of the outcome of their application in late 2022.
Our next funding round will be announced on this website as soon as the dates are available.