The Tucker Foundation has regular funding rounds. The next will be in 2024. Dates will announced on this website as soon as the dates are available.
The Foundation’s funding has been made available through the estate of the late Albert and Barbara Tucker, as per their wishes.
Grants of up to $25,000 will be considered.
- Any charitable organisation which is entitled to be exempt entities as defined in Section 995-1 (1) of the lncome Tax Assessment Act
- Proof of current registration with the ACNC (Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission) must be provided
- If an applicant intends to be auspiced by another organisation they must email email@example.com request an auspiced organisation application form.
- In line with one or more of the Foundation’s aims
- Clear budget including any funding from other sources and in-kind/pro bono etc
- Clear methodology, aims and outcomes
- Demonstrable capacity to achieve stated outcomes
- Projects must be for the benefit of the Public
The following information is provided to help you ascertain whether your project is in line with our core values. We know your time is precious, so please read these guidelines carefully before applying. If you have any questions that have not been answered here please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Much of our funding is allocated to small scale, grassroots groups that are well placed to make a real difference but have limited resources and often struggle to find funding. We prioritize groups who are entirely or predominantly run by volunteers. If an organisation is in the fortunate position of having many supporters and corporate sponsors or can secure mainstream funding such as government grants, their application will likely be unsuccessful.
Given the current environmental and humanitarian crises facing our planet, our dedication to supporting groups involved at the grassroots has never been stronger. As a result of this, we tend to prioritize projects that deal with their response in a practical and clear way.
Examples of this include; Purchases of vital equipment, such as vehicles for wildlife rescue, purchase of plants for revegetation projects, or funding of projects that qualify vulnerable women to begin paid employment.
We are looking for an honest and transparent breakdown of how the funds we provide will be put to work. If your application is too long, providing little or no real assessment of how the funds are to be allocated, you will likely be unsuccessful.
Please see Tucker Foundations previous grant recipients page to see our funding at work.
The allocation of grants is at the discretion of the Trustee of the Foundation and will be based on alignment with the Foundation’s aims and objectives, merit, need and benefit to the community and environment.
If necessary, the Trustee may seek further information to assist with the selection process.
Once grant recipients have been selected, the nominated contact person for each application will be contacted to advise them of the outcome.
The Trustee requires that a receipt is returned within one month of receiving the grant.
Please note that the Tucker Foundation will not discuss or provide advice regarding the content of applications with applicant organisations. We aim to treat all applications equally. Decisions are based on the content of the application form. We aim to strike a balance across all our aims and objectives and a range of geographic areas.
Grant Agreement and Reporting
The Trustee requires successful applicants to complete and return a Grant Agreement. Grant Acquittal Reports are required from organisations receiving funds of $2,000 or over. This information is included in the letter of offer to successful grant recipients and includes:
- A Grant Agreement
- Confirmation that a Grant Acquittal Report is required and instructions of what it should contain
- For organisations which have received a grant of $2000 or over, all outstanding project reports will be followed up. If reports are not received future funding applications will not be accepted
2020 Funding Round
The Tucker Foundation will be accepting grant applications from eligible organisations from Monday 22nd June to Friday 14th August 2020. No late applications will be accepted.
Organisations will be advised of the outcome of their application in November and grants will be disbursed to the successful applicants in December 2020.
Applications should be sent as a Word document to email@example.com by 5pm on Friday 14th August 2020.